Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some good books with that wine!


My friend Brad Berens, always challenges me to share my reading list with fellow marketers. I combine my wine interest with  good books.

Some I would recommend for you, How Did We Get to Be the Bad Guys: How Advertising Lost Consumers Trust And what it must do to get it back. Tom Wneks, great little tome that really does address some key questions. Read this book drinking a bottle of Veuve!

Also, let me suggest, YES: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive by Goldstein, Martin and Cialdini---a really good book on persuasion. This is my kick this summer along with some great French burgundies. (had to get the wine in there!)

To paraphrase the old "must see tv", the must read book of the summer is Value Creation: The Power of Brand Equity.  This book by Bill Neal and Ron Strauss is so powerful in thinking about how brands, even "direct" brands build that equity. I read that book in one setting with a great bottle of Corton-Charlemgane, one of my favorite style of burgundy. It was a Oliver LeFlaive 2000. 

In the wine vein, this was a good book, Wine Politics: How Governments, Environmentalists, Mobsters and Critics Influence the Wines We Drink,  Tyler Colman. This is a damm good book, a good plane ride and one you will enjoy. Suggest you pair up with Ladera Howell Mountain 2004. I did and it both hit the spot.

I tend to use Barnes & Noble for my on-line book ordering--I like what they do and love their delivery options.




No comments: